Welcome, Roy Rogers Fans! Are You New To eBay?
eBay is a fast and convenient place to shop for Roy Rogers items for sale. Below we have answered some of the most common questions on how to buy something on eBay.
First Of All, What Is eBay?
eBay is a website that provides a meeting place for buyers and sellers to get together. eBay itself does not sell anything, it is just a place where individuals or businesses come together to buy or sell.
What Is eBay’s Feedback System?
eBay is famous for its popular and successful feedback system. Anytime a buyer buys something on eBay they are encouraged to leave positive or negative feedback about the seller. Buyers can also leave specific comments about sellers if they want to. By checking a seller’s feedback information before doing business with them a prospective buyer can avoid dealing with someone they feel has a feedback rating that is too low, or that has been left too many negative comments. eBay’s feedback system works both ways: Sellers are also encouraged to leave feedback about buyers.
Every item for sale on eBay has a “Seller info” area. This is where you can see the seller’s feedback information. Below is a brief description of the “Seller info” area.
- This number shows how many transactions the seller has had on eBay.
- Since a seller on eBay can also be a buyer on eBay, this number includes transactions for both buying and selling.
- Click this number to see the seller’s feedback information.
- Tip: When buying something on eBay it’s a good idea to read the seller’s feedback information. Make sure any seller you do business with has a lot of positive comments left for them as a seller, not just as a buyer.
Please note that the actual graphic on eBay might vary somewhat from the representation show here.
- This is the seller’s feedback rating. Feedback is left by other people on eBay who have purchased something from, or sold something to, this seller. The higher the number, the more positive the feedback rating is. The highest possible feedback rating is 100%.
How Do I Buy Something On eBay?
- Register at eBay. It’s fast, easy, and FREE.
- Find an item to buy. You can see our list of Roy Rogers items on eBay for hundreds of Roy Rogers items.
- Check the seller’s feedback information and read comments left about the seller. Make sure any seller you do business with has a lot of positive comments left for them as a seller, not just as a buyer.
- Read the item’s description thoroughly and look at all pictures closely. If you have any questions ask the seller your questions BEFORE you bid or buy.
- Place your bid, or use Buy It Now (Buy It Now stops the auction and you buy the item immediately at the Buy It Now price). If you are outbid, you may bid again if you like.
- If you use Buy It Now or get the winning bid, pay for your item. Different sellers accept different forms of payment (PayPal, money order, cashier’s check, personal check, credit card, etc.). You should always read the item’s description for payment methods the seller accepts BEFORE you bid or buy.
How Do I Register With eBay?
If you have never bought anything on eBay before, you will need to register with them. Registering is FREE. eBay requires registration in order to attempt to verify your identity to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, and to make sure you are over 18 years of age.
When registering at eBay:
- If your email address can be used to verify your identity, you will NOT need a debit or credit card to register.
- If your email address cannot be used to verify your identity, you will need a debit or credit card to register. Your card is for identification purposes, and will NOT be charged (registering with eBay is FREE).
- Hint: eBay cannot verify your identity through email addresses from Web-based email accounts like the ones provided by Yahoo.com, Hotmail.com, and others. If you don’t want to use your debit or credit card for identification, try registering with an email address provided to you by a company or a paid ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What Is PayPal?
PayPal is a website that lets you send money across the World Wide Web. It was developed to prevent a buyer’s payment information (bank account, credit card number, etc.) from being seen by sellers. PayPal has the payment information, but they do not show it to anyone you are paying. PayPal is a FREE service for buyers.
To pay with PayPal you sign up with them (it’s fast, easy, and FREE for buyers) and give them the payment information (like a bank account or credit card number) you want to use in the future when you buy something. Then, when you make a purchase from an eBay seller or anyone else that accepts PayPal payments, you send the money from your email address to the seller’s email address, and the seller never sees your personal payment information.